Has anyone else heard that Norton may close their schools and enter the county system if/when consolidation occurs?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have no clue what I think, </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They would then be the ones wanting to save their communities.</div></div>
That pretty much says it, you believe that the school is what the community is. And in Appy I guess you would be right for the most part because there is nothing else there other than the PayLess, and Miner's Exchange Bank and by the way those are owned by people from Coeburn.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Has anyone else heard that Norton may close their schools and enter the county system if/when consolidation occurs?
What does the fact that Payless & the bank are owned by people from Coeburn have anything to do anything?
Progress always involves risk. You can't steal second base with your foot on first.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone else heard that Norton may close their schools and enter the county system if/when consolidation occurs? </div></div>
There is a reason it's called the City of Norton and not County of Norton.
crack is whack
Madam Chairperson,, I make a motion that all new consolidated schools have their own UNIQUE zip code...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Sage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Madam Chairperson,, I make a motion that all new consolidated schools have their own UNIQUE zip code...</div></div>
Denied.
This will give more privilege to the people that move into the small radius around said new zipcode, including random wildlife and farm animals.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieHardSportsGal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does the fact that Payless & the bank are owned by people from Coeburn have anything to do anything? </div></div>
Nothing really, just another thorn in the side that two of the major financial players in town aren't from town but from another town that they see as inferior to them.
Of course you do have the skatepark to look forward to, that should turn Appy into the next Johnson City.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone else heard that Norton may close their schools and enter the county system if/when consolidation occurs? </div></div>
There is a reason it's called the City of Norton and not County of Norton. </div></div>
I know that. I've been told what I posted by a Wise Co. teacher. Merely seeking any verification.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=DieHardSportsGal]Of course you do have the skatepark to look forward to, that should turn Appy into the next Johnson City. </div></div>
lol! classic!
You find so much to complain about. Give the new school to appalachia for all I care. I want the children of wise county to get the world class educations that they deserve, and they cant do it it crumbling, asbestos infested buildings that are falling apart around them. When you really consider the objections to keeping these schools open for the sake of FOOTBALL and community rivalries, it is nothing more than selfishness on the part of residents who oppose school improvements, renovations, and consolidation. This is progress. Like it or leave it. I just believe that our children should be able to take a calculus class on campus during their senior year without having to pay for it at the community college. They deserve chemistry labs that work. They deserve a more challenging, diverse curriculum.
Wise county is not graduating students who have had the educational experiences necessary to compete in either large universities or our developing global economy. If you want to keep producing students who truly dont know what they're capable of in the classroom, then maintain the status quo. Otherwise, get on board with progress or get out of this discourse!
The education of our children is truly far more important than this petty and irrelevant sports rivalry. I think that most reasonable people can agree on that.
Bookmarks